LOOKING FOR MORE THAN 1-ESTIMATE?
It’s a great idea to get several estimates when you’re looking to have any professional work done by a contractor. So let’s talk about estimates for having your house painted. It starts with asking the right questions. Don’t be shy, it’s your money, and you have the right to know what you’re going to get in return for it.
So Here is a list of the 10-top questions you’ll want to ask.
- Ask the contractor to explain in detail the process they’ll use to complete the job. THEN get it in writing. Does it make sense to you?
- What’s included in the prep work?
- What type of primer and finish paint will they use, and more importantly, how will they apply it?
- What type of equipment will they use? Ladders, scaffolding, boom lifts, sprayers, blasters, etc.
- Are they licensed and insured? Remember: (Lead paint removal requires a “RRP” (Renovation, Repair and Painting) Certification. Fines to both contractors and owners may be as high as $32,000 per offense.
- What type of guarantee do they offer in writing on the finished work? Labor, materials and how long is it good.
- How long will the project take? – The “Less” time it take, the “More” you should worry! Quality workmanship take more time. Cutting corners takes less time
- Do they have a website where you can see samples of their work?
- How long have they been in business under that company’s name?
- Do you feel comfortable with them?
Don’t make the mistake by selecting the contractor with the lowest price. You’ve heard the saying “You Get What You Pay For” Well it TRUE! Don’t focus on how “fast” a contractor can complete the job, focus on the “quality” of their work. In most cases “Quick” work entails cutting corners.
If you would like the answers to these questions, or help with other questions you may have, just contact us for a FREE consultation. We are dedicated to educating and helping consumers make the right choices no matter who they hire.
Stratos Painting Company Blog Post
Painting Tips, Painting Instruction, Painting Help